A content management system allows for publishing, editing and modifying content and images of a website using any popular browser on desktop, tablet and phone.
Discover Web Solutions uses two proven, open-source content managements systems - Joomla and Wordpress. With these content management systems, a user can:
- Login to the CMS provided that the user has administrator rights.
- Add, edit or delete content.
- Add, edit or delete pages.
- Add, edit or delete menu items.
- Use a desktop, tablet or phone to update the Website.
At additional cost, Discover Web Solutions can
- Provide training of CMS (additional cost)
CMS allows for editing of website on desktop, tablet or phone
Joomla is an award-winning content management system (CMS), which enables you to build Websites and powerful online applications. Many aspects, including its ease-of-use and extensibility, have made Joomla the most popular Web site software available.
Joomla is used all over the world to power Websites of all shapes and sizes. For example:
- Corporate Web sites or portals
- Corporate intranets and extranets
- Online magazines, newspapers, and publications
- E-commerce and online reservations
- Government applications
- Small business Web sites
- Non-profit and organizational Web sites
- Community-based portals
- School and church Web sites
- Personal or family homepages
WordPress started in 2003 with a single bit of code to enhance the typography of everyday writing and with fewer users than you can count on your fingers and toes. Since then it has grown to be the largest self-hosted blogging tool in the world, used on millions of sites and seen by tens of millions of people every day.
WordPress is an Open Source project, which means there are hundreds of people all over the world working on it. It also means you can use it for anything from your cat's home page to a Fortune 500 Websites.
WordPress started as just a blogging system, but has evolved to be used as full content management system and so much more through the thousands of plugins and widgets.